BSBI Distribution Database > message board

Can't edit record

Please report any problems with the website. Suggestions for changes are also very welcome.

Can't edit record

by mshaw » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:10 pm

Hi
When I click on 'edit record' a new screen opens with 'loading....' in top left corner but that's as far as it gets. I've had this problem on and off for a month or more. One of the 2 records I was trying to edit today was http://bsbidb.org.uk/object/RecordInsta ... p9h.25fe97
I use IE 9 64-bit version and never had these problems till recently
Mike Shaw
mshaw

name: Mike Shaw

Re: Can't edit record

by qgroom » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:35 pm

Hi Mike,
is it consistently a problem with this record? I've opened the record with no problems. Have you tried using Firefox or Chrome, in general these are more reliable than IE.
Regards
Quentin
qgroom

name: Quentin Groom

by admin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:39 pm

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reporting this and for providing details of your web browser - which has made tracking down the issue much easier.

I think the problem should now be resolved, but please let me know if it persists. I think that the issue may have persisted on your computer after it had already been fixed more generally, which can happen if your browser had cached an old copy of the editor. The change I've just made will force your web browser to reload the latest version of the ddb editor.

(the laptop I was using to run tests with IE 9 has just died so I can't positively confirm the fix)

regards,

Tom
Tom Humphrey
Database Officer, Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland (BSBI)
c/o Centre for Ecology and Hydrology,Maclean Building, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BB, UK.
tom.humphrey@bsbi.org
admin

name: Tom Humphrey

by admin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:06 pm

Tom Humphrey
Database Officer, Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland (BSBI)
c/o Centre for Ecology and Hydrology,Maclean Building, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BB, UK.
tom.humphrey@bsbi.org
admin

name: Tom Humphrey

by mshaw » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:31 pm

Hi Tom and Quentin

Works fine now! Thanks for all your help

Mike
mshaw

name: Mike Shaw

Return to Bugs and suggestions