BSBI Distribution Database > message board

Rare Plant Register Queries

Please report any problems with the website. Suggestions for changes are also very welcome.

Rare Plant Register Queries

by Geoffrey Hall » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:51 am

The queries in Andy Amphlett's checklist and candidate RPR document fail to run. I've tried them all manually with the same result. Why do they not run? Are they no longer supported?
Geoffrey Hall

name: Geoffrey Hall

Re: Rare Plant Register Queries

by AndyAmphlett » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:58 pm

Are you using the links in the Word document available from Google Drive at - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... rPm9_lWY2Z ? This is linked to in the final post at - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=155&p=1016&hilit=rpr#p1016.

I've just checked them, and they work OK on my PC.

Note that the DDb can return a list of vc Scarce and vc Rare taxa. See post at viewtopic.php?f=1&t=460. This uses the same (fairly simplistic) criteria that may queries used, and you may find it much easier to use.

Andy.
AndyAmphlett

name: Andy Amphlett

by admin » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:20 pm

Hi Geoffrey,

Thanks, there was a bug that had broken some of the species-grouped queries. I fixed that this morning, so it's likely that Andy re-tested the queries after the problem had been fixed.

Since Andy wrote the instructions an additional 'taxon rank' column has been added to the search results output, that column along with the 'aggregate' column need to be removed before pasting the results into the spreadsheet template.

I've updated Andy's instructions to reflect this and have refreshed some links and screenshots to use species-grouping that excludes aggregates. The revised version of the word document can be downloaded from:

https://database.bsbi.org/static/Checkl ... _2020.docx

The more recent 'vc Scarce and vc Rare taxa' query may also be worth looking at, it's based on some of the ideas from Andy's worksheet.
Tom Humphrey
Database Officer, Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland (BSBI)
c/o Centre for Ecology and Hydrology,Maclean Building, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BB, UK.
tom.humphrey@bsbi.org
admin

name: Tom Humphrey

by Geoffrey Hall » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:38 pm

Thanks very much. Most appreciated.
Geoffrey Hall

name: Geoffrey Hall

Return to Bugs and suggestions