BSBI Distribution Database > message board

Determiner name not updated via MM sync

Please report any problems with the website. Suggestions for changes are also very welcome.

Determiner name not updated via MM sync

by AndyAmphlett » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:34 pm

Tom,

This record - https://database.bsbi.org/object.php?ob ... nchstamp=0

I synced it to the DDb earlier today, and then edited the determiner (changing it to Claudia Ferguson-Smyth & Nick Stewart). I re-synced the record (twice) but the determiner name has not changed on the DDb version of the record.

Thanks,

Andy.
AndyAmphlett

name: Andy Amphlett

Re: Determiner name not updated via MM sync

by admin » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:59 pm

Hi Andy,

There looks to have been a strange conflict between the confirmation of the record and the perhaps concurrent re-import process.

The version history for the record shows an odd sequence:

A version of the record that matches the latest re-import (with the updated determiner) is time-stamped 16:08
The 'current' version of the record created when you confirmed the record is timestamped 16:10, but this re-instates the old un-determined version. It shouldn't have been possible to confirm a non-current record.
The version history is appearing out of sequence with the 16:08 record after the 16:10.

It will be straightforward to fix this (which I'll do) but it would be useful to leave the records untouched until I've worked out what went wrong.
Tom Humphrey
Database Officer, Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland (BSBI)
c/o Centre for Ecology and Hydrology,Maclean Building, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BB, UK.
tom.humphrey@bsbi.org
admin

name: Tom Humphrey

Return to Bugs and suggestions