BSBI Distribution Database > message board

Validation failed

Please report any problems with the website. Suggestions for changes are also very welcome.

Validation failed

by AndyAmphlett » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:09 pm

Tom,

I am trying to validate (Confirm) a set of records but get a pop up message saying "Update failed: Internal database error, 1580900738".

Could you check?

The records are these - https://database.bsbi.org/search.php#re ... ff9f1b49d5. I wanted to Confirm as "Considered Correct" with comment "Record reviewed and accepted by VCR."

Thanks,

Andy.
AndyAmphlett

name: Andy Amphlett

Re: Validation failed

by admin » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:40 pm

Hi Andy,

Thanks for reporting this. I was worried that errors of this sort might happen.

I'd found some anomalies where overlapping queries, identified in the context of workspace transfer of Indicia records, but probably more widespread, were sometimes leaving data in an inconsistent state. To prevent that, I'd changed the 'isolation level' of some transactions so that conflicts would be prevented. It looks as though this is problematically stringent and causing other queries to fail (even where there are actually no conflicts).

Mostly the failed queries can be re-run and will work at the next attempt (that's obviously not a satisfactory solution). I'll find a better way to tackle this.

I re-ran your validation and it has worked this time.
Tom Humphrey
Database Officer, Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland (BSBI)
c/o Centre for Ecology and Hydrology,Maclean Building, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BB, UK.
tom.humphrey@bsbi.org
admin

name: Tom Humphrey

Re: Validation failed

by admin » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:58 pm

I've reverted the change where it affected validation, as that doesn't seem to have any issues previously with query collisions.
Tom Humphrey
Database Officer, Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland (BSBI)
c/o Centre for Ecology and Hydrology,Maclean Building, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BB, UK.
tom.humphrey@bsbi.org
admin

name: Tom Humphrey

Return to Bugs and suggestions