BSBI Distribution Database > message board

Missing species in maps

Anything related to particular plant records or other database entries

Missing species in maps

by jdsh » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:18 pm

Although Cardamine occulta is now in the DDb, the species isn't listed on the maps page. Not critical as I think the only two records so far on the DDb are in vc29, though the vc38 record could also now go in. It does however suggest that there may be a disconnect between the species in the DDb and the species that are mapped.

Jon
jdsh

name: Jon Shanklin

Re: Missing species in maps

by admin » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:16 pm

Hi Jon,

I think this is due to a web browser caching, as forcing a page reload caused the map to display correctly.

Although the maps are refreshed on a 24h cycle it is possible that web browsers are hanging on to stale data for longer in their local caches. There may be something anomalous happening with caching as I had to refresh the web page before the dots appeared on the map on the BSBI website, even though the equivalent map page on the DDb site, which uses the same server-side cache already showed an up-to-date version.

(the map for this taxon was last rebuilt on the server at 20:38 yesterday evening)
Tom Humphrey
Database Officer, Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland (BSBI)
c/o Centre for Ecology and Hydrology,Maclean Building, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BB, UK.
tom.humphrey@bsbi.org
admin

name: Tom Humphrey

Return to Records and data