BSBI Distribution Database > message board

Deleted externally?

Anything related to particular plant records or other database entries

Deleted externally?

by mossysal » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:09 pm

I am puzzled that the following record for Prunus cerasifera seems to have been deleted with the comment deleted externally on 2018-08-09. https://database.bsbi.org/record/2cd4p9h.7pkv66
It has also disappeared from my Mapmate.
I still have the original paper record and the plant is still visible in the hedgerow. Is there a way of finding out what has happened please? :o
mossysal

name: Sarah Stille

Re: Deleted externally?

by admin » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:29 pm

Hi Sarah,

'Deleted externally' means that the record was deleted in MapMate. This status gets set in the DDb if the originator of the record (in this case you) sends a sync file with a deleted marker set on the record.

Is it possible that the record got deleted accidentally?

The simplest way to re-instate the record would be to re-enter the details as a new record in MapMate. (in principle it would be possible to remove the deleted flag on the DDb record, but that would still leave the record missing in your MapMate).
Tom Humphrey
Database Officer, Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland (BSBI)
c/o Centre for Ecology and Hydrology,Maclean Building, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BB, UK.
tom.humphrey@bsbi.org
admin

name: Tom Humphrey

by admin » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:38 pm

There's a batch of 86 other more recent (2018) records, all from SJ03D, that were deleted at the same time:

https://database.bsbi.org/search.php#re ... a054233c00

I wonder if those were removed intentionally, but the 2012 record also got selected by mistake at the same time.
Tom Humphrey
Database Officer, Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland (BSBI)
c/o Centre for Ecology and Hydrology,Maclean Building, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BB, UK.
tom.humphrey@bsbi.org
admin

name: Tom Humphrey

by mossysal » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:38 pm

Yes, that's what happened. I'd had a whole batch to correct. So sorry for your trouble - now all OK, thank you.
mossysal

name: Sarah Stille

Return to Records and data