BSBI Distribution Database > message board

Missing pre 2000 records

Please report any problems with the website. Suggestions for changes are also very welcome.

Missing pre 2000 records

by jdsh » Tue May 08, 2018 5:37 pm

The my county (vc29) page showing Atlas 2020 coverage lists 95 species not seen post 2000 for TL66U. When I generated an Excel listing sent by email this only had 88 species listed. It is not obvious why certain species (eg Calystegia sepium) were omitted from the email version. It isn't a critical problem, but for tetrad targetting it would be useful to know which is correct - I think the my county page as I don't have any Calystegia in MapMate.
Jon Shanklin
jdsh

name: Jon Shanklin

Re: Missing pre 2000 records

by admin » Tue May 08, 2018 6:01 pm

Hi Jon,

I think that your account has switched to 'development mode' - the test version of the system not intended for public use. Is there a link at the top-right corner of the page that says 'dev mode', if so please click this to return to public mode and re-run the search, which should hopefully resolve the problem.

I'd not been aware that the development version had this bug so I'm very glad that you've reported it before the new version became widely available.

(let me know if 'dev mode' isn't the issue)

regards,

Tom
Tom Humphrey
Database Officer, Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland (BSBI)
c/o Centre for Ecology and Hydrology,Maclean Building, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BB, UK.
tom.humphrey@bsbi.org
admin

name: Tom Humphrey

Re: Missing pre 2000 records

by jdsh » Wed May 09, 2018 5:35 pm

Hi Tom,

I can't see any obvious link, so perhaps not that. Could it be linked to "search prerferences" as set in my details? Would an email use different settings to on line searches ?

Jon
jdsh

name: Jon Shanklin

Return to Bugs and suggestions