BSBI Distribution Database > message board

Maps on Chromebook not working

Please report any problems with the website. Suggestions for changes are also very welcome.

Maps on Chromebook not working

by AndyAmphlett » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:18 pm

Tom,

Maps via the maps tab are not working on my Chromebook. When I start to enter a taxon name, the list of taxa to select from does not appear. It is running Version 64.0.3282.190 of the Chrome browser, which is the most up to date version available for that machine. Maps are working fine on my pc which has a more up to date version of the browser - Version 65.0.3325.181

Is this a browser version issue?

Thanks,

Andy.
AndyAmphlett

name: Andy Amphlett

Re: Maps on Chromebook not working

by admin » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:37 pm

Hi Andy,
I can see the error in the log files, but it's not obvious what is causing the fault (which is that the dictionary of taxon names is failing to load).

This is something that I've seen sporadically across a wide range of browsers and have never been able to pin-down.

Please could you try forcing a reload of the page (ctrl-R) which might possible resolve the problem.

In general I would expect chromebook Chrome to behave very similarly to PC Chrome so this is quite strange.
Tom Humphrey
Database Officer, Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland (BSBI)
c/o Centre for Ecology and Hydrology,Maclean Building, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BB, UK.
tom.humphrey@bsbi.org
admin

name: Tom Humphrey

Re: Maps on Chromebook not working

by AndyAmphlett » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:49 pm

Tried that. No joy.

Andy.
AndyAmphlett

name: Andy Amphlett

Return to Bugs and suggestions