BSBI Distribution Database > message board

Remembering login details

Please report any problems with the website. Suggestions for changes are also very welcome.

Remembering login details

by admin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:57 am

I've made a minor change to the login form to add an option to stay logged in for 30 days. Hopefully this will avoid the irritation of being erratically logged out of the system at intervals.

For obvious reasons please don't use persistent-login when using a shared computer. To prevent your login details being remembered either leave the default option when you log in or explicitly log out at the end of your session. There is also an option when you login to forget your details on all the computers that you have used.

Getting cookie-based login systems to work correctly across all web browser versions can be surprisingly fiddly, so please let me know if the system does not work as expected. When reporting problems please include details of your web browser version.
Tom Humphrey
Database Officer, Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland (BSBI)
c/o Centre for Ecology and Hydrology,Maclean Building, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BB, UK.
tom.humphrey@bsbi.org
admin

name: Tom Humphrey

Re: Remembering login details

by AndyAmphlett » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:24 pm

Tom,

In the last week or so when I use the DDB my pc (or the DDb) fails to kep me logged in, even though I use the option to stay logged in for 30 days. It mainly happens when I click on a link to a query in emails, which prompts me to log in, when I am already logged in. I am using the latest version of the Chrome browser.

Thanks,

Andy.
AndyAmphlett

name: Andy Amphlett

Return to Bugs and suggestions