BSBI Distribution Database > message board

Dryopteris affinis s.s.

Anything related to particular plant records or other database entries

Dryopteris affinis s.s.

by vc66 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:06 pm

This seems a bit confused on the database and on mapmate. Most of my county records are D affinis borreri / D borreri, but appear on the database as D affinis s.s., which appears not to be the modern D affinis. Can someone look at this and advise. Should I be "correcting" my own personal records, which seem to have been defaulted to the wrong name?
thanks,

john
vc66

name: john durkin

Re: Dryopteris affinis s.s.

by admin » Wed May 31, 2017 11:33 pm

Hi John,

I think there's been a problem with an import of records from BRC's database, so that many of the pre-2000 Dryopteris records that should have been treated as an aggregate have instead been loaded into the DDb as the modern narrow Dryopteris affinis.

I'm planning to reload the data from BRC within the next couple of weeks, which is likely to correct many of the records. Please don't manually edit the Dryopteris data till that's been done. Once the data have been refreshed, please let me know if the issue persists.
Tom Humphrey
Database Officer, Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland (BSBI)
c/o Centre for Ecology and Hydrology,Maclean Building, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BB, UK.
tom.humphrey@bsbi.org
admin

name: Tom Humphrey

by vc66 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:03 am

Thanks Tom.
vc66

name: john durkin

by AndyAmphlett » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:55 pm

There was an earlier comment on this issue at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=122&p=295&hilit=affinis#p295

Andy.
AndyAmphlett

name: Andy Amphlett

Return to Records and data