BSBI Distribution Database > message board

Internet Explorer 7 (IE7)

Please report any problems with the website. Suggestions for changes are also very welcome.

Internet Explorer 7 (IE7)

by admin » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:25 pm

Several people have recently reported problems when accessing the DDb website using Internet Explorer 7 (later versions are fine).

The reported problem involves the search page not loading or getting stuck part way through loading. I hope to resolve this soon, but at present the bug is proving hard to track down - for some (most ??) people (including me) the system works in IE7.

To get a sense of how widespread the issue is and what the cause might be please could you post follow-ups to this message if you are experiencing the problem.

For those who have the option, I strongly recommend accessing the DDb website using a more uptodate web browser, e.g. Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer 8 or 9. A further option if you are stuck with using an archaic version of Internet Explorer is to install the Chromeframe plugin, an extension to Internet Explorer that improves its compatibility with websites that use modern browser features.

Tom
Tom Humphrey
Database Officer, Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland (BSBI)
c/o Centre for Ecology and Hydrology,Maclean Building, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BB, UK.
tom.humphrey@bsbi.org
admin

name: Tom Humphrey

Return to Bugs and suggestions