BSBI Distribution Database > message board

Google mapping

Please report any problems with the website. Suggestions for changes are also very welcome.

Google mapping

by welshofficer » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:44 am

Hi Tom,

Great to see the monad mapping possibility.

However (are the two linked?) I seem to have lost the ability to double click on a square and search for those records - I used to be able to do this fine!

Thanks, Polly
welshofficer

name: Polly Spencer-Vellacott

Re: Google mapping

by admin » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:02 pm

Hi Polly,

I'll investigate this further - it's meant to work...

At the moment I think it's a problem that's specific to IE7 as map clicks appear to work on chrome and firefox (and also mostly in IE8 - though there is at least one bug being logged). The errors are being detected in the google's map code so are not straightforward to trace.

Tom
Tom Humphrey
Database Officer, Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland (BSBI)
c/o Centre for Ecology and Hydrology,Maclean Building, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BB, UK.
tom.humphrey@bsbi.org
admin

name: Tom Humphrey

by welshofficer » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:22 pm

sorry - could be my fault then using the old browsers in the office - might be fine at home! I wish CCW would update things - causes me problems on several sites.
welshofficer

name: Polly Spencer-Vellacott

by admin » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi Polly,

I've fixed the problem with IE7 mapping (it was in my code rather than Google's after-all)

Sorry this has taken so long - I've now got a test system running IE7 again (had been limited to IE8 only previously), so future debugging should be easier.

Hopefully, a separate problem with excessively frequent session time-outs is also resolved now - please let me know if the system asks you to log-in again while you are still actively using the website (which shouldn't happen).

regards,

Tom
Tom Humphrey
Database Officer, Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland (BSBI)
c/o Centre for Ecology and Hydrology,Maclean Building, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BB, UK.
tom.humphrey@bsbi.org
admin

name: Tom Humphrey

Return to Bugs and suggestions