BSBI Distribution Database > message board

Carex oederi search error

Please report any problems with the website. Suggestions for changes are also very welcome.

Carex oederi search error

by AndyAmphlett » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:50 pm

Tom,

running a grouped search (for taxa in a hectad) lists Carex oederi, but when I search for records of this species only records for subspp are returned, with majority of records of the species missing. eg in NJ36 there are 21 records of C oederi, but when i search for them, I just get 3 records of 2 subspp. A bug?

Thanks,

Andy.
AndyAmphlett

name: Andy Amphlett

Re: Carex oederi search error

by admin » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:56 pm

Hi Andy,

Thanks very much for letting me know.

It looks as though there's a problem with the way the system is internally caching some species-level taxa, as the affected C. oederi records incorrectly have Carex flava agg. rather than C. oederi as the sp. level grouping.

The system should have explicitly coped with this - so the bug is a bit strange. The issue should affect relatively few records - only species level taxa that are also part of a species-level aggregate (and probably only a small subset of those as most I've looked at are correct).

I'll post a follow-up message here once the bug is fixed.

regards,

Tom
Tom Humphrey
Database Officer, Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland (BSBI)
c/o Centre for Ecology and Hydrology,Maclean Building, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BB, UK.
tom.humphrey@bsbi.org
admin

name: Tom Humphrey

Re: Carex oederi search error

by admin » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:47 pm

I've applied a bug-fix which has corrected the class of errors you've noted. Unfortunately I've just noticed that my update introduced a new error that has affected a different small subset of records - I'll rerun the revised update overnight, after which searching should be correct for all records again.

Tom
Tom Humphrey
Database Officer, Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland (BSBI)
c/o Centre for Ecology and Hydrology,Maclean Building, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BB, UK.
tom.humphrey@bsbi.org
admin

name: Tom Humphrey

Return to Bugs and suggestions