BSBI Distribution Database > message board

record save failed

Please report any problems with the website. Suggestions for changes are also very welcome.

record save failed

by Alex » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:11 am

Tom, I just get an error message if I try to save a record added or edited. It's been happening for a couple of years now, so I can't help you with validation or data input. Is this a bug or am I not authorised to do so?
Alex

name: Alex Lockton

Re: record save failed

by admin » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:57 am

Hi Alex,

There was bug that prevented your Salix hybrid record from saving, I've fixed that now, please could you try that record again. I think the recent bug wouldn't have applied to your earlier attempts, so I'm not sure what went wrong then. It's certainly meant to be possible for you to add or edit records, so please let me know if there are any further issues.

Tom
Tom Humphrey
Database Officer, Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland (BSBI)
c/o Centre for Ecology and Hydrology,Maclean Building, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BB, UK.
tom.humphrey@bsbi.org
admin

name: Tom Humphrey

by Alex » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:41 pm

Thanks, Tom.
Alex

name: Alex Lockton

by jdsh » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:54 pm

I occasionally have save failures, but it has always been because I had filled in an incorrect field. As an example if I put CGE in the wrong place I can't save, but move it elsewhere it is OK. Probably because a lot of the possible places to put things are a bit cryptic for a field record, but make more sense if you are putting in herbarium specimens.

Jon
jdsh

name: Jon Shanklin

Return to Bugs and suggestions