BSBI Distribution Database > message board

Carex x fulva

Please report any problems with the website. Suggestions for changes are also very welcome.

Carex x fulva

by davidbroughton » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:26 pm

My Mapmate database includes a number of records of the above that are not returned in searches or maps in the DDB. It has come to light as we had it at the Summer Meeting last week. I assumed it was missing as a sync issue, but I reset my sync record and resynced me whole database. It also does not explain the other missing records. Problem with the synonyms?
davidbroughton

name: David Broughton

Re: Carex x fulva

by admin » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:42 pm

Hi David,

I can't quite remember the exact reasoning, but Mapmate's Carex x fulva maps to Carex hostiana x viridula s.l. in the DDb.

To get strict Carex x fulva use Carex hostiana x viridula subsp. brachyrrhyncha in MapMate which maps to Carex hostiana x lepidocarpa = C. x fulva in the DDb.

This reflects the historical (pre-split) usage of the two MapMate entries, though is now a source for confusion as the MapMate entries are not up to date.
Tom Humphrey
Database Officer, Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland (BSBI)
c/o Centre for Ecology and Hydrology,Maclean Building, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BB, UK.
tom.humphrey@bsbi.org
admin

name: Tom Humphrey

Re: Carex x fulva

by AndyAmphlett » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:50 am

David / Tom,

also see an older post at viewtopic.php?f=5&t=74&p=133&hilit=fulva#p132 which gives some background.

Andy.
AndyAmphlett

name: Andy Amphlett

Return to Bugs and suggestions