BSBI Distribution Database > message board

validation screen problem

Please report any problems with the website. Suggestions for changes are also very welcome.

validation screen problem

by Angus » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:44 pm

I am no longer able to validate records. The drop down menu for validation state change (reasons) is too long for my screen and I cannot reach the button that lets me proceed to apply the change. This has happened since additional explanatory text was added at the top of the menu. Is it possible either to remove some of the white space on the menu or allow scrolling down it?
Angus
Angus

name: Angus Hannah

Re: validation screen problem

by AndyAmphlett » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:28 am

Angus, what browser do you use? I use Chrome and Firefox, and both show the whole validation window ok, which can also be dragged around the screen.

Andy.
AndyAmphlett

name: Andy Amphlett

by Angus » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:56 pm

Andy, I am using Firefox. But I doubt if Chrome would be any different. My screen may be slightly longer and narrower than others. The menu drags sideways, but cannot go up far enough to reveal the bottom, and the main screen remains 'greyed-out'.
Angus
Angus

by Angus » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:28 pm

Tried Chrome today, and it is very different! The typeface is much smaller, so that much more fits on the screen, and the menu is easily accommodated. I always thought, using Firefox for DDb, that the type was excessively large, and sometimes it overwrites itself, but I assumed this was just the way the DDb was, since nothing else behaved that way. It looks so professional in Chrome! Recommend it if anyone else has this sort of problem.
Angus

Return to Bugs and suggestions