BSBI Distribution Database > message board

My county and My mapmate data

Please report any problems with the website. Suggestions for changes are also very welcome.

My county and My mapmate data

by VCR111 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:18 pm

I think there must be a glitch. My 2016 records are in Ddb and searchable, but are not showing on the bar graphs in 'my mapmate records' and 'my county'. Also under 'my county' the grid ref mismatch facility is not showing. VC111
VCR111

name: John Crossley

Re: My county and My mapmate data

by VCR111 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:23 am

I still have the same problem not seeing this data. The 10 km sq records coverage map for the VC is also not showing 2016.
VCR111

name: John Crossley

by AndyAmphlett » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:54 am

Hi Tom,

John asked me about the out of date vc111 'my mapmate records' page. This page not updating seems to be a wider problem, but one that only seems to affect a few vcs. I looked at the 23 MM centres from which >3000 records had been imported into the DDb since 1st Dec 2016, and checked the date of last import as shown on that CUK's 'my mapmate records' page. Of these 24 MM centres, there are 4 where the 'my mapmate records' page appears to be, or is, out of date. The list below gives the most recent recorded DDb import date from that CUK

MapMateCentre:3dw 09/05/2016
MapMateCentre:ctr 01/10/2016
MapMateCentre:2ta 26/11/2016
MapMateCentre:4bw 25/09/2016 (this is John's CUK)

All of these MM centres sent records to the DDb since 1st Dec, so their 'my mapmate records' pages are presumably incorrect; it was just that only John has noticed so far? I only checked a sample of CUks so no doubt there will be others.

What is the planned refresh interval for this page? I note that it does not seem to update on a short cycle.

John also mentioned some issues with his 'my county - Atlas 2020 survey coverage' page, and maps not displaying. Looking at vc111 just now, the maps look are displaying, but for quite a few other vcs they are not, eg vc94. Or are those in the process of being updated?

As fas as I can judge the actual MM records are arriving ok at the DDb and are on the database, searchable etc. It is just issues with the tabs provided for VCR use.

Thanks,

Andy.
AndyAmphlett

name: Andy Amphlett

by admin » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:14 pm

Hi Andy,

There have been a lot of problems with refreshing the county and mapmate reports recently. The database queries were running too slowly and a backlog had built up. I'm running a temporary fix at the moment that should have regenerated reports for all counties by the end of the week. After that I'll revamp the caching process so that it becomes sustainable again and runs on a two or three day cycle.
Tom Humphrey
Database Officer, Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland (BSBI)
c/o Centre for Ecology and Hydrology,Maclean Building, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BB, UK.
tom.humphrey@bsbi.org
admin

name: Tom Humphrey

Return to Bugs and suggestions