BSBI Distribution Database > message board

Sync files - not arriving at DDb?

Please report any problems with the website. Suggestions for changes are also very welcome.

Sync files - not arriving at DDb?

by AndyAmphlett » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:22 pm

Hi Tom,

yesterday a set of MM records from Orkney arrived at the DDb, but from nowhere else, which is a bit odd. Today none have arrived, and i have sent a sync file that has received no acknowledgement. When I sent a second sync, the first was still awaiting the DDb picking it up.

Andy.

All working again now. Thanks.
Last edited by AndyAmphlett on Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
AndyAmphlett

name: Andy Amphlett

Re: Sync files - not arriving at DDb?

by admin » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:36 am

Hi Andy,

Sorry about this and thanks for letting me know. I'd accidentally corrupted a file involved in running scheduled tasks, so MapMate imports had stopped. Things are working again now. There were six sync files waiting, import of which has now begun.

Tom
Tom Humphrey
Database Officer, Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland (BSBI)
c/o Centre for Ecology and Hydrology,Maclean Building, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BB, UK.
tom.humphrey@bsbi.org
admin

name: Tom Humphrey

by vc66 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:00 pm

Several recent small syncs of mine have been acknowledged, but have not appeared in the stats. I'm not sure if this is the same problem or just the time of year?
vc66

name: john durkin

by admin » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:47 am

Hi John,

The county report queries have jammed at the moment. I've manually refreshed VC66, but most other My County pages are several days out of date. I've not yet tracked down the underlying cause.
Tom Humphrey
Database Officer, Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland (BSBI)
c/o Centre for Ecology and Hydrology,Maclean Building, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BB, UK.
tom.humphrey@bsbi.org
admin

name: Tom Humphrey

Return to Bugs and suggestions