BSBI Distribution Database > message board

Inability to fully access "my county"

Please report any problems with the website. Suggestions for changes are also very welcome.

Inability to fully access "my county"

by alanwillmot » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:19 pm

As a county recorder I have been trying to access the "my county" section of the Distribution Database with only partial success. I can enter the section but only access the first two of the three tabs. If I try to click on the "Atlas 2020 survey coverage" tab, my computer tries to open it but just endlessly whirrs away and nothing happens. My computer is a new one this year with Windows 10 pre-installed. I have tried turning off my computer and opening up the site again but that did not help.

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Alan Willmot vc57 Derbyshire 07.04.2016.
alanwillmot

name: Alan Willmot

Re: Inability to fully access "my county"

by admin » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:39 pm

Hi Alan,

I have the same problem with Edge on WIndows 10, viewing the My County. Until very recently it worked and I think it probably reflects a bug in Edge. I'm looking at ways to work around the problem.

I know that is no help to you, unfortunately. I will find a way to solve the problem, but until then I suggest that, if possible, you install an alternative web browser such as Google Chrome for use with the DDb.

https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/d ... index.html
Tom Humphrey
Database Officer, Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland (BSBI)
c/o Centre for Ecology and Hydrology,Maclean Building, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BB, UK.
tom.humphrey@bsbi.org
admin

name: Tom Humphrey

Re: Inability to fully access "my county"

by admin » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:30 am

Hi Alan,

Pete mentioned that you are still encountering this problem.

I wanted to check that you've recently, as the earlier problem with the Edge web browser appears to be resolved now.

If you are still having problems then it would be worth trying Google Chrome as an alternative web browser.
Tom Humphrey
Database Officer, Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland (BSBI)
c/o Centre for Ecology and Hydrology,Maclean Building, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BB, UK.
tom.humphrey@bsbi.org
admin

name: Tom Humphrey

Return to Bugs and suggestions