BSBI Distribution Database > message board

Mapping/ zoom

Please report any problems with the website. Suggestions for changes are also very welcome.

Mapping/ zoom

by welshofficer » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:03 pm

Hi Tom,

Do you think it would be possible to change the map page so that the automatic zoom is to the search county/ region?

I find it annoying when I search e.g. for a species in Anglesey that the first map view seems to show the whole of Europe - it would be much better if it zoomed to show a view of Anglesey! Then if I zoom in with hectads shown, I have to do it again if I change to tetrads or monads (thanks for the monads/ absolute features by the way, although the absolute view doesn't seem to be clickable in the same way as the others - I can't view the records for a square). I would prefer it if the zoom remained the same even if the resolution of the squares shown changes.

Polly :-)
welshofficer

name: Polly Spencer-Vellacott

Re: Mapping/ zoom

by admin » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi Polly,

Thanks for prompting me to get on with correcting the map position problems.

The map was supposed to be zooming in on counties, but other changes had inadvertently stopped things working correctly. I've also now made the map retain its position and zoom settings when switching between grid-resolutions (something that had also been irritating me for a long time).

best wishes,

Tom
Tom Humphrey
Database Officer, Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland (BSBI)
c/o Centre for Ecology and Hydrology,Maclean Building, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BB, UK.
tom.humphrey@bsbi.org
admin

name: Tom Humphrey

Return to Bugs and suggestions