BSBI Distribution Database > message board

"reason for edit" dialog box

Any queries about using the BSBI database

"reason for edit" dialog box

by AndyAmphlett » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:58 am

Hi Tom,

a VCR asked me, "When editing records, I have been writing the comments in the "reason for this edit" dialog box. However, when I look back at the edited record, these comments do not seem to be visible. Am I writing the comments in the wrong place?"

He was editing an individual record (not using the bulk edit tool). I wonder, should anything entered into the "reason for this edit" dialog box be visible when you subsequently view details of that record? I assume this info is stored somewhere within the DDb? This is one reason why I tend to use the bulk edit tool, even for one record, as any Comments are shown within the record.

Andy.
AndyAmphlett

name: Andy Amphlett

Re: "reason for edit" dialog box

by admin » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:50 am

Hi Andy,

Thanks very much for highlighting this. I'm not sure whether 'reason for edit' comments are being actively stored, though I can probably retrieve them.

I'd not realised that that prompt was appearing on the public version of the edit form - that was a mistake as the implementation of it was unfinished and I though should only be active in a development copy of the form.
Tom Humphrey
Database Officer, Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland (BSBI)
c/o Centre for Ecology and Hydrology,Maclean Building, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BB, UK.
tom.humphrey@bsbi.org
admin

name: Tom Humphrey

Return to Help and support